So I once again slacked and didn’t take any step-by-step photos of my recipe this week I tend to cook while doing other things and before I know it I’m done and out the door! However, this recipe was really good and I sort of made it up in my head, so I’m proud and wanted to share it (hence the Tupperware lunch photo). I decided to make this because I love polenta, I found pre-cooked polenta at Trader Joe’s (in a cookie-doughish tube, so it was super easy), and I wanted to recreate the Polenta Provencale that I had bought from Trader Joe’s last week, but without the peas (I’m not a big fan). So here’s what I came up with!
- 1 package pre-cooked Trader Joe’s polenta (or you can make your own from scratch!)
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves
- Grape tomatoes, halved (however many you desire)
- 1 tbsp diced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Creamy Tomato and Basil sauce
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Boil about 1.5 cups water and add the bag of frozen broccoli. Return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender. While broccoli is simmering, open tube of polenta and cut into small slices, then into cubes, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and spinach leaves, cook until wilted. Then add the polenta cubes and cook for a few minutes in the oil. Mix in the broccoli and tomatoes and stir-fry them all together.
- Once cooked, add the jar of sauce and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste (depending how spicy you would like it).